Here are a list of useful links and resources that may be useful in helping your child to gain a better understanding of COVID- 19 and the changes to our everyday life. There are also resources to help support our young people’s emotional and mental well-being and address any concerns they may have about the virus.
- The children’s commissioner has created a guide about COVID-19 for children, describing what the virus is and its wider implications.
- STARS offer a wide range of visual resources and guidance to help young people with Autism to better understand COVID- 19. There are many social stories, symbols and talking mats that may be very useful to our students.
- CAHMS have some excellent resources on their website that may be useful in explaining the virus to young people. They have also included some fantastic information to help support mental health and wellbeing.
A useful, short video explaining what COVID- 19 is using images and Makaton.
- The National Autistic Society have produced many useful resources and links to support young people with autism to understand COVID- 19.
- The Learning Disability Matters website offers many informative and helpful information about COVID- 19 for our young people.
- A free information book explaining the coronavirus to children, illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler
A song that is used in school to teach our pupils the importance of regular hand washing.